Field Trip Permission Forms
Welcome to our school!
The faculty and staff at A.C. Jones High School would like to wish you a happy and successful school year as you begin preparing for your future.
With that in mind, here are a few tips for success in high school.
- Come to School EVERY DAY! Did you know that it can take two days to catch up from every single absence? Your daily attendance has a direct impact on your academic success. You can stay on track by collecting assignments before any planned absences for extra-curricular activities. In the event of an illness or emergency situation, meet with your teachers upon your return and collect all assignments, lecture notes, etc...You can also communicate with your teachers via email to stay on track during an absence.
- Stay Focused in Class - Being well rested and eating healthy will help you stay mentally alert in class. Be an active participant and ask questions when you don’t understand something.
- Take Good Notes - Notetaking is a skill you must develop. Focus on important information such as vocabulary terms, main concepts, and procedures. When in doubt, ask your teachers what they expect to see in your notes or compare notes with a classmate to make sure you didn’t miss anything important. Review your notes daily to reinforce learning.
- Manage Your Time Wisely - Extra-curricular activities are great and allow you to show off your talents. However, credits = graduation. Use a planner or digital calendar to keep track of due dates for assignments, important meetings, and other events.
- Complete and Submit Assignments on Time - Waiting until the last minute to complete and submit assignments will only add stress to your life, and will most likely result in a lower grade than expected. Prioritize your time and submit assignments on time.
- Learn How to Study - Understanding how you learn best will help you develop the study skills you need for success. Study groups are a great idea IF they help you focus on content to be learned. However, a quiet comfortable environment may be more suitable. Explore options and maximize your potential!
- GET ORGANIZED - Staying organized saves time and keeps you from having to do double the work. You can use a binder with dividers, or separate folders for each class. Create separate digital folders to keep your documents organized as well.
- Ask for Help - Advocate for yourself and ask for help when needed. Communicate with your teachers BEFORE you have a problem with grades. Meet with your counselor and/or assistant principal for all other concerns.
- Stay Motivated - Set personal goals every six weeks, every semester, every school year. Monitor your progress towards your goals and keep track of your success. Make adjustments as needed, but never lose focus of the goals you wish to achieve.
- Have Fun - High school should be challenging and fun. Learn as much as possible, participate in extra-curricular activities, join a club, get involved and model Trojan Pride.